Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Trying something new

We usually wrap the Children's Birthday gifts in fancy paper or use gift bags and tissue paper. Each year I realize I didn't manage to make the reusable cloth gift bags that I meant to!

I decided to try something different this year - instead of buying paper, I wrapped the gifts in plain florist paper (which we already had for crafts) but instead of leaving them plain I chose for each package a word that describes him and wrote it repeatedly on the paper. I wished there were more packages so I could have written more words.

Hopefully he'll feel good when he sees

Awesome fun good friend loving handsome smart passionate thoughtful caring strong & helpful

This might become a tradition - not necessarily to use descriptive words but maybe words relating to achievements of the year. Next time, I won't leave it until the last minute so it looks better : )




No comments: