Friday, January 16, 2009

From one extreme to another....

Today we went ice fishing! It's even colder today so perfect for some ice fishing. It's easy - all you need are: a container to hold the water, packing tape/clear wrap/contact paper, toy fishing rod and fish.

Fill container about 2/3 full with water, add a couple drops blue food colouring or paint (optional)
Add fish.
Tape across the top of container.
Cut hole in tape - reinforce opening with more tape if necessary.
Go fish!

january 2009 001

I added snow to the top but only because we have plenty to spare!!

january 2009 002

january 2009 009

january 2009 006

january 2009 004

3 comments:

Annette said...

You have great ideas! I love looking at this blog for ideas on my little home daycare.
www.4boyzhavinfun.blogpsot.c

MamaGames - Alexa C. said...

This is a great idea! I meant to try it this weekend with my kids but life intervened.

I would love to feature this idea on the blog Mom's Marbles (giving you all the credit, of course!). Would that be okay, and could I use one or two of your pictures on the site? Thanks!

A said...

Thanks The Smith's. I used to run a home based daycare!!

Sure PisecoMom - no problem - thanks for asking.