Monday, December 29, 2008

Exhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaale

Now I can breathe - no more gift shopping/wrapping/delivering.

As one year draws to a close and another dawns, we'll be planning a year of buying less, making more and using what we have. Simplifying this part of our life will hopefully balance the chaos of a probable house move/school change for T1/start of Kindergarten for T2 and Huds the dog probably leaving us to train as a dog guide (unless he gets chosen for the breeding program - he's one of 4 that's being considered).

My head has been spinning with ideas of things I want to try to make - so much so, it's keeping me awake at night. Waiting for sleep is about the only chance I get to really think without distractions and ideas come flooding in.

My relaxation time has been consumed by loom knitting/ I am so 'hooked' (lol). I've made many hats and now I'm working on a blanket. It's so easy and the result is much more even than when I knit with needles.

The kids are thrilled with their new toys and the homemade gifts I made seemed well received so all is good.

Happy New Year.

No comments: