Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Brrr

Winter is here - snow is on the ground - I love it. I always dread winter but when it arrives I mostly like it. I don't enjoy the puddles made by boots, the icy sidewalk or the windchill but crisp snowy days I love. I like the way snow makes everything look so bright but I don't enjoy the dark mornings and having to leave my comfy warm bed to start the day. Snow sculptures, snow angels, door wreaths and lights wound through the trees make everything look magical, dark evenings make me want to snuggle under a blanket and go to bed early with a good book.

Today I decided that T and I would make some icicles like these. I didn't use ornament hangers - instead I knotted a loop of ribbon and hid the knot among the foil with the loop poking out the top. We scrunched the foil and glued and glittered and they came out really cute in a 3 year old smushed kind of way. I took pictures but they didn't come out great. You'll just have to use your imagination. Anyway - it's simple to do and doesn't take long. The end results = sparkly and shiny - what more could you ask for?

No comments: