Saturday, September 22, 2012

Soup season is here


I'm not sure if I'm ready for it yet but the temp has dropped, the evenings are getting darker and there's a definite feeling of Fall. My friend shared with me a soup recipe that I have been waiting to try.I don't know where the recipe came from but it is good

2lbs carrots
1 large orange pepper
2 apples
2 medium potatoes
2 medium onions
2 cloves garlic
Ginger
Thyme
Salt/Pepper
8c chicken stock (I used vegetable)

Peel and cut into chunks carrots, apples, potatoes
Cut onions and orange pepper into chunks.
Peel garlic - leave cloves whole.

Toss with olive oil and spread in single layer on baking sheet.
Roast at 375 for 30-40 minutes, tossing a couple of times, until tender and carrots begin to caramelize.
Simmer stock for about 10 minutes with a 2" piece of peeled, sliced ginger and several springs of fresh thyme.
Add veg to stock and simmer for 15 minutes.
Blend in batches or use an immersion blender until smooth consistency.

I had a bowl this evening and it was perfect.



No comments: