Monday, September 6, 2010

It's official.....

We are officially a homeschooling family. Tomorrow we will be meeting other homeschoolers at a park to celebrate homeschooling.
Last week we started and it went really well. It was a gentle start but we managed to accomplish lots and the kids did really well and seemed to get along better than much of the summer. I think our time together at the dining room table really brought us closer together. T1 worked so hard and stayed focused which was so exciting because in public school he needs ADD meds to stay on task but with me right there he was able too complete his table work without any nudges from me. T2 asked me to have school at the table on Saturday and I was thrilled and did a little extra while waiting for friends to arrive.
We have some field trips planned and hopefully a road trip or two.
I never realized how well this would suit our family. I know there will be bumps along the way but I feel really good about our decision : )

No comments: