Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Spotted...

Most of the time I find being 5'6" just right - not too tall, not too short but even being just 66" from the ground can cause a person who tends to look at the world at eye level most of the time to miss things. This is where having a 4 year old can be really useful - not only for passing things I drop or pointing out to me the bit of floor I missed with the mop but also for noticing things that most adults would miss such as this.....


We were just arriving home after delivering T1 to his other home - grade 4 at public school when T2 paused on the driveway and told me that I simply "must come and take a look". She was indeed right and she asked me to "get the camera quick" which I did and we snapped away at the glistening melting ice, listening to the plip...plip...plip as it dripped. I am so glad she brought it to my attention because the next time I took a look it had gone and all that remained was a puddle on the ground.


I found the glistening ice as it melted to be really beautiful - the pictures truly do not do justice but the true beauty for me was being invited by a busy bug of a girl to pause for a moment and tosee the look of amazement of this magical sight on her sweet face as we enjoyed it together.

No comments: